With losses from teams in the middle to bottom of the Top 25, they’ll be plenty of changes in this week’s rankings.
Teams in my Top 25 that took an L last week were Wake Forest, Florida, Miami, Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma, while USC, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Oregon, Tennessee, Clemson, Baylor and Michigan came away with single digit wins.
Every week during this college football season, I will offer my own Top 25 rankings. These rankings are mine and mine alone. They will most certainly be different from the national rankings at times, although maybe they will be similar occasionally too. How the teams play and who they play will matter.
ASTI’S TOP 25 COLLEGE FOOTBALL RAKINGS (WEEK FOUR):
1) Georgia – Georgia is the best team in college football and has been proving it all season.
2) Alabama – Alabama will have an interesting test with Arkansas, but has to enter the game still at 2 after winning big even if it was just against Vanderbilt.
3) Ohio State – People tried to argue playing Wisconsin was a big game, likely to make Ohio State look better when they dominated. They did dominate but Wisconsin is down this season. Ohio State won’t be tested until October 29 when they take on Penn State at Beaver Stadium.
4) Michigan – Michigan was lucky to beat Maryland, but Clemson was also lucky to win too so things stay as is.
5) Clemson- Best game of the weekend as Clemson goes on the road and beats undefeated Wake Forest. Biggest storyline was the play of Clemson quarterback DJ Uiagalelei: 26 of 41 for 371 yards and 5 TD’s.
6) Oklahoma State
12) Penn State
13) NC State
14) Ole Miss
15) Texas A&M
20) Wake Forest
24) Florida State