Farrell Files: Final 2023 Big 12 Football Recruiting Rankings
The 2023 recruiting class is in the books and here’s my ranking of how each Big 12 program did.
- Texas — Arch Manning is the headliner, but even with his overrated status, this is a great class from the receivers to the tackles like LB Anthony Hill.
- Oklahoma — A solid class led by QB Jackson Arnold, but it’s the defense that gets me excited for them.
- TCU — One of the better classes I’ve seen from TCU. There aren’t a ton of stars, but there are also no reaches.
- Texas Tech — Joey Maguire is a Texas high school legend and very connected, so it’s no surprise this class is local and very good by Texas Tech standards.
- West Virginia — Neal Brown may be on the hot seat, but this is one of the better West Virginia classes he’s brought in. They did a great job in Pennsylvania and are starting to become a factor in Ohio again.
- Baylor — A disappointing season leads to a disappointing class in my eyes and the loss of QB Austin Novosad is crushing.
- Kansas State — It’s a huge class and QB Avery Johnson is solid, but it’s also loaded with a ton of possible reaches.
- Iowa State — QB JJ Kohl is a good one, but this is a typical Iowa State class, relying heavily on in-state players.
- Oklahoma State — Mike Gundy has fallen far. From a great start to the season, to an awful finish in 2022. It resulted in one of the worst classes on paper I’ve seen him bring in.
- Kansas — It’s a small class with no real headliner so it has to be last.
This is based on the Big 12 as of this past recruiting season for the 2023 class, meaning it includes Texas and Oklahoma and does not yet include BYU, Cincinnati, UCF and Houston.
Also, the stories linked below include more in-depth analysis from Farrell about WVU’s most recent recruiting class and how it may impact the program moving forward.
Farrell Files: An Intriguing Junior Day Trio, Impact of Incoming Freshman WRs on WVU
Farrell Files: West Virginia Found Two Solid RB Recruits, Now Looking to Portal for Immediate Needs
Farrell Files: WVU Adds Depth to Future of QB Room, Fills Need with TE
Farrell Files: West Virginia Football Put Together Solid Recruiting Class
Farrell Files: Is a Difference Maker Coming to West Virginia Football?
Mike Farrell Breaks Down WVU’s Current 2023 Recruiting Class