West Virginia HS Football
LIVE UPDATES: West Virginia High School Football Week 1
Follow along with the WVSN crew as we keep you updated on all the Week 1 West Virginia high school football action:
All scores are final over at the WVSN scoreboard. Thanks for following along tonight, we’ll do this again next week.
FINAL SCORES: All #wvprepfb final scores from tonight can be found here. Will be updated as more games finish.https://t.co/0oeOHWOJZH pic.twitter.com/QHpYz9y1JY
— West Virginia Sports Now (@WVSportsNow) September 5, 2020
11:13 p.m. –
Quick correction on Atticus Goodson’s stats. Officially 237 yards on nine carries with four touchdowns. That’s a 26.3 yard per carry average.
Official Stat is 9 carries 237 4 TD. Had a big run called back!
— Independence Football (@IndyPatriots) September 5, 2020
10:40 p.m. –
The final scores post is now live.
Independence’s Atticus Goodson was a one-man wrecking crew this evening. He rushed for over 300 yards while the Patriots defeated PikeView 71-0.
I'll give the people one more. This was how Goodson's second carry went 😨 pic.twitter.com/k7HVtUFfpT
— Trevor Denton (@trevordenton37) September 5, 2020
10:22 p.m. –
Quarterback Jack Roy had four TDs in his debut for Spring Valley, three passing and another on the ground. SV defeated Parkersburg 42-7. Roy rushed for over 70 yards and passed for more than 120. Roy was one of WVSN’s players to watch this week.
Final: Spring Valley 42, Parkersburg 7. #wvprepfb
Jack Roy shines in his SV debut, throwing for three touchdowns and running for another. Brody Brumfield had two rushing touchdowns.
— Luke Creasy (@HDcreasy) September 5, 2020
10:15 p.m. –
Ripley defeated Buckhannon-Upshur 42-0. Sophomore Joey Ramsey scored four first-half touchdowns – two rushing, one receiving and a pick-six.
HALFTIME: Ripley 35, Buckhannon-Upshur 0.
Ripley’s Joey Ramsey with 4 first half touchdowns. 2 rushing, 1 receiving, and 1 pick-six.
Highlights tonight in the 12 SportsZone as well as on. @WOWK13News #wvprepfb
— WBOY12SportsZone (@12SportsZone) September 5, 2020
9:55 p.m. –
A few more games have gone final. At the end of the night, we will have a post of all the final scores from week 1 games.
- Hurricane 21, Huntington 9
- Keyser 61, Berkeley Springs 33
- Ripley 42, Buckhannon-Upshur 0
- Wayne 12, Scott 6
- Shady Spring 29, Nicholas 27
- Spring Valley 42, Parkersburg 7
9:45 p.m. –
Jakob Caudill had an insane first half for Cabell Midland. 12 carries for 148 yards and three TD. Cabell up 42-21 over Parkersburg South.
Cabell Midland leads Parkersburg South 42-21 at the half. Two South turnovers became 14 CM points. CM’s Jakob Caudill has rushed for three TDs and 148 yards on 12 carries. #wvprepfb
— Eric Little (@TheEricLittle) September 5, 2020
9:30 p.m. –
A bunch of games have now gone final. Unfortunately, not a lot were very competitive.
- Ritchie County 26, Magnolia 0
- Clay County 54, Pilip Barbour 0
- Musselman 49, Jefferson 6
- Independence 71, PikeView 0
- North Marion 32, Preston 0
- Doddridge County 40, Tyler Consolidated 0
- East Hardy 33, Petersburg 0
- John Marshall 48, Weirton 6
- St. Clairsville (Ohio) 26 – Wheeling Park 21
- Grafton 20, East Fairmont 0
- Frankfort 46, Hampshire 0
- Buffalo 21, Ravenswood 6
9:10 p.m. –
Ritchie County and Magnolia has just gone final, Ritchie County wins 26-0. Gus Morrison had a huge game – 14 carries for 167 yards and three touchdowns, two receptions for 74 more yards and another TD.
Final Ritchie County 26 Magnolia 0 RC-Morrison 14-167 3TD, 2rec 74yds 1TD #wvprepfb
— WETZ Sports (@WETZSports) September 5, 2020
8:55 p.m. –
Games are getting into the fourth quarter now and we’re starting to see who’s likely to start the season with a win. Here are some end of third-quarter scores:
- East Hardy 26, Petersburg 0
- Moorefield 31, Pocahontas County 0
- North Marion 19, Preston 0
- Wheeling Park 21, St. Clairsville (Ohio) 14
- Frankfort 39, Hampshire 0
- Doddridge County 33, Tyler Consolidated 0
- Clay County 41, Philip Barbour 0
8:20 p.m. –
The early games are starting to hit halftime. Some scores of note:
- Hurricane 7, Huntington 6
- Shady Spring 22, Nicholas 19
- Independence 57, PikeView 0
- Moorefield 10, Pocahontas County 0
- Frankfort 27, Hampshire 0
- Doddridge County 27, Tyler Consolidated
- Buffalo 7, Ravenswood 0
- East Hardy 20, Petersburg 0
- Grafton 13, East Fairmont 0
- Wheeling Park 14, St. Clairsville (Ohio) 7
- North Marion 6 – Preston 0
- Ritchie County 12, Magnolia 0
7:50 p.m. –
Highlights from around the state are beginning to show up on social media. Huntington’s Amari Felder just put the Highlanders up by a touchdown against visiting Hurricane.
TOUCHDOWN: Huntington 6, Hurricane 0. Redskins jump off sides on fourth down inside the 10-yard line. Three plays later Amari Felder scores. #wvprepfootball #FNRprepfb pic.twitter.com/EfrqLDeCKl
— Eyewitness News (@wchs8fox11) September 4, 2020
7:32 p.m –
We’re starting to get to the end of the first quarter in the 7 p.m. games as the rest of the games around the state get started. Some end of the first quarter scores of note:
- Robert C. Byrd 7, Elkins 0
- Buffalo 7, Ravenswood 0
- Wheeling Park 14, St. Clairsville (Ohio) 0
- Grafton 6, East Fairmont 0
- Shady Spring 7, Nicholas County 0
- Indpendence 28, PikeView 0
- North Marion 0, Preston 0
- Hurricane 0, Huntington 0
7:07 p.m. –
We have the first touchdown of the 2020 West Virginia high school football season from one of our players to watch, Independce’s Atticus Goodson.
Musselman’s Blake Hartman was not far behind in putting the Applemen up 7-0 against Eastern Panhandle rival Jefferson
@GoodsonAtticus rambles 55 yards for a TD on the first play from scrimmage.
Indy 7, PV 0 #wvprepfb
— Rusty Udy (@rusman1981) September 4, 2020
Blake Hartman, one of my players to watch this season, off to a fast start for Musselman tonight #wvprepfb https://t.co/3VvK6wdi8U https://t.co/0U9UsPAco7
— Tom Bragg (@TomBraggSports) September 4, 2020
6:20 p.m. –
Let’s get set for tonight’s slate of games. As we come across links for audio and video streaming options for different games we’ll update this post with that information. When the games get started we’ll also update this post with scores and highlights from around the state.
- Cabell Midland at Parkersburg South, 8 p.m. (free)
- Parkersburg at Spring Valley (paid)
- Hurricane at Huntington (Stirr app)