UPDATE – 5:14 p.m.
Former WVU coach Al Pogue seems to be having fun at his new job with Auburn.
"I've been looking at all the coaches.. I'm the best dressed out here."
— Auburn Football (@AuburnFootball) September 9, 2020
UPDATE – 4:08 p.m.
Following up on the last update, it seems like Kansas is not in danger of losing, postponing a game due to COVID cases.
Just to clear this up, yes, @KU_Football is listed as having 14 positive cases as part of an active cluster. But a @KUAthletics spokesperson just confirmed to me that there were only 3 positives in the last round of testing, and Saturday's game is safe.https://t.co/eFcwXiQmST
— Conner Mitchell (@ConnerMitchell0) September 9, 2020
UPDATE – 3:37 p.m.
Bad news for the prospects of Kansas opening its football season soon. We’ll be following this.
— Sam Lance (@samlance_) September 9, 2020
UPDATE – 12:25 p.m.
Well, that’s one way to guarantee WVU gets back in the NCAA Tournament. This will be a very interesting story to follow.
Source: All ACC programs agreed earlier today to have every single Division 1 team in the 2021 NCAA Tournament.
Several are expected to release official statements later today.
This is being done to "celebrate" college basketball. https://t.co/wuCMZ8QLtE
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) September 9, 2020
UPDATE – 7 a.m.
Kanawha County high schools have not been allowed to play football games yet, but in the meantime Herbert Hoover took some time yesterday evening to off some new items in the football facility for the boys from the Elk River.
New History and Tradition signs are up in our football complex! Every Playoff Team, 1st and 2nd Team All State Player, and program’s only Kennedy Award Winner are recognized in our locker room to show our athletes what HAS and CAN be accomplished here! @HHHuskiesFB pic.twitter.com/wVdICGZiUh
— Hoover Athletics (@HHHS_Sports) September 8, 2020
Get caught up on anything you missed recently from WVSN:
- Nicktory Fortune is back with West Virginia and ready to play in season-opener
- Report: WVU men’s basketball to play at Georgetown in Big East/Big 12 Battle
- True freshmen could see the field for WVU against Eastern Kentucky
- Mountaineers open as big betting favorites against EKU
- LISTEN: Hear Neal Brown’s Portion of This Week’s Big 12 Coaches Teleconference
- WVU Reveals Depth Chart for Season-Opener Against Eastern Kentucky
- A Player to Bet On: Garrett Greene, the Ultimate Competitor
- Bryce Ford-Wheaton to Make WVU Football Uniform History
Stay up to date on our West Virginia high school football coverage:
- Week 2 West Virginia High School Football Schedule
- Independence RB Atticus Goodson named WVSN West Virginia High School Football Player of the Week
- WV High School Football Notebook: Long Travel Day Doesn’t Slow Down Cabell Midland
- COVID-19 Map Update Cuts High School Football Games in 9 West Virginia Counties
- West Virginia High School Football Week 1 Final Scores