Brackets have been announced for the 2021 Big 12 Wrestling Championship set to take place on March 6-7 at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Brackets for all 10 weight classes can be found here.
The Championship begins Saturday at 12 noon ET. with preliminary & quarterfinal matches, while the Saturday night session starting at 6 p.m. ET features semifinal and consolation quarterfinal matches. Sunday’s consolation semis, third and fifth-place matches start at 11 a.m. ET with the final culminating at 6 p.m. ET.
WVU’s first-round matchups are:
- 125 pounds: No. 4 Killian Cardinale vs McGwire Midkiff (North Dakota State)
- 133 pounds: No. 2 Ryan Sullivan vs Jack Skudlarzky (Northern Iowa)
- 141 pounds: Jeffery Boyd vs No. 5 Lenny Petersen (Air Force)
- 149 pounds: Brayden Roberts vs No. 3 Mitch Moore (Oklahoma)
- 157 pounds: Alex Hornfeck vs No. 5 Jacon Wright (Wyoming)
- 165 pounds: No. 2 Peyton Hall vs Koy Wilkinson (Utah Valley)
- 174 pounds: Scott Joll vs No. 5 Cody Surratt (Air Force)
- 184 pounds: No. 6 Anthony Carman – bye
- 197 pounds: No. 2 Noah Adams – bye
- HWT: Michael Wolfgram vs No. 2 Carter Isley (Northern Iowa)
‼️ The 2021 Big 12 Wrestling Championship brackets have been released ‼️ #HailWV
MORE INFO ⤵
— WVU Wrestling (@WVUWrestling) March 3, 2021
Big 12 Now on ESPN+ will broadcast the first three sessions of the event, while the championship round will air on ESPN2 beginning at 6 p.m. ET.
This is the sixth neutral-site conference championship for the sport and the fifth in Tulsa. Last year, the Oklahoma State Cowboys won their eighth consecutive team title and their 18th Big 12 title overall. The wrestlers participating in the Big 12 Championship will be competing for berths into the NCAA Wrestling Championship.
Tickets for the 2021 Big 12 Wrestling Championship can be purchased online at www.bokcenter.com. All fans will be in POD seating, which increases distancing and minimizes fan crossover when entering and exiting their seats. Fans must purchase all tickets in a selected POD group, available in select section groupings of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 seats.
2021 Big 12 Wrestling Championship Schedule (times subject to change)
Saturday, March 6
Session 1: Preliminary & Quarterfinal Matches [Big 12 Now on ESPN+] – 12 noon ET
Session 2: Semifinal & Consolation Quarterfinal Matches [Big 12 Now on ESPN+] – 6p.m. ET
Sunday, March 7
Session 3: Consolation Semifinals, Third & Fifth Place Matches [Big 12 Now on ESPN+] – 11a.m. ET
Session 4: Championship Matches [ESPN2] – 6 p.m. ET