Teams from four West Virginia counties will not be allowed to play high school football this week due to being listed in orange on Saturday’s updated statewide school COVID metrics map.
Upshur, Mingo, Harrison and Doddridge County will all be allowed to practice this week, but none of those teams can play Week 7 games.
Seven counties — Barbour, Berkeley, Cabell, Jackson, Kanawha, Putnam and Randolph — are listed in gold this week, meaning teams can play other in-county competition or schools from other gold counties.
In total, 17 games are wiped out for Week 7 with the possibility some of those schools in gold counties can find replacement games on short notice for next week.
Games called off with orange county teams:
- Ravenswood at Doddridge County
- Elkins at Bridgeport
- Liberty at East Fairmont
- Tug Valley at Logan
- Shady Spring at Mingo Central
- Buckhannon-Upshur at University
- Fairmont Senior at Robert C. Byrd
- South Harrison at Tygarts Valley
- Roane County at Lincoln
Games called off with gold county teams (teams from gold counties can reschedule against teams also in gold counties):
- Tolsia at Buffalo
- Philip Barbour at Moorefield
- Spring Valley at Cabell Midland
- Ripley at Greenbrier East
- Musselman at Wheeling Park
- Albert Gallatin, Pa. at Spring Mills
- Oak Hill at Hurricane