UPDATE – 3:30 p.m.
Coach Neal Brown and Tony Caridi look back at the Eastern Kentucky victory, as well as discuss the current climate in college football, in this week's @BankWithUnited Playbook. pic.twitter.com/dq8WnohIxV
— WVU Football (@WVUfootball) September 16, 2020
UPDATE – 3:20 p.m.
Highest-graded QBs through Wk 2
1. Grant Wells, Marshall – 94.7
2. Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma – 93.7
3. Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh – 92.6
4. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson – 92.5
5. Jarret Doege, WVU – 92.1 pic.twitter.com/KwJ3fQUfhs
— PFF College (@PFF_College) September 16, 2020
UPDATE – 1:00 p.m.
Aubrey Burks, a three-star safety recruit from Auburndale, Florida has de-committed from the University of Indiana. Burks has an offer from WVU and had the Mountaineers in his top-seven back in March.
May god be with me 🙏🏾, please respect my decision.
No interviews!!! pic.twitter.com/cOYAlfZQMw
— AB. (@aubreyburks14) September 16, 2020
UPDATE – 12:20 p.m.
WVU golf senior Etienne Papineau will have season-ending knee surgery, according to head coach Sean Covich.
“Pap has meant everything to our program,” Covich said in a release. “He helped build WVU from the ground up.”
Papineau’s name is dotted all over WVU’s record book. He holds the record for the lowest tournament total (203) is second in school history in tournaments played (42), rounds played (123.0) and rounds shot at even or lower par (46) and is fourth in school history with a 73.41 career scoring average.
— WVU Golf (@WVUGolf) September 16, 2020
UPDATE – 7 a.m.
Another late announcement of a WVU scholarship offer showed up on social media last night. We’ll have more on Cameron Epps, a 6-foot-3, 180 pound three-star defensive back from Missouri, in our weekly WVSN Recruiting Notebook later today.
— Cameron Epps (@cameronepps7) September 16, 2020
Get caught up on anything you missed recently from WVSN:
- Neal Brown Announces 2 Positive COVID-10 Tests Among WVU Football Players
- WATCH: WVU football coach Neal Brown’s Tuesday press conference
- WVU’s destination for Big Atlantic Classic basketball tournament is on the move
- WVU Receiving Votes in AP Poll as the Big 12 Suffers a Tough First Weekend
- Several Former Mountaineers to See the Field in NFL Today
- Running Back Leddie Brown is Taking WVU’s Rushing Success Personally This Season
- Young Players Recorded A Lot of Career-Firsts vs. Eastern Kentucky
- Mountaineers Roll in Season-Opening Win vs. Eastern Kentucky
Be sure to check out our ongoing Big 12 football preview series:
Stay up to date on our West Virginia high school football coverage:
- WV COVID-19 Map Changes Allow “Gold” Counties to Play Games
- WVSN High School Player of the Week: Spring Mills QB Keon Padmore-Johnson
- WV High Schol Notebook: Big Games Highlight Week 3 Schedule
- COVID-19 Map Update Keeps Sports on Hold in Several West Virginia Counties
- Ground Game, Defense Lead Cabell Midland Past Rival Huntington
- West Virginia High School Football Week 2 Final Scores